1 (800) 308-4358
Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST
  1. 1. Choose A State
  2. 2. Choose A Bond
  3. 3. Enter Your Info
  4. 4. Purchase Your Bond

Arkansas Contractor License Bond

Cost: $75.00 / 1-year term

Want your bond emailed to you tomorrow? Buy your bond now.

How much does a contractor license bond cost in Arkansas?

The cost of a contractor license bond in Arkansas varies based on the type of bond being purchased. Contractor bonds required at the state level are issued instantly and cost $75, while city or county bonds cost $100.

Because these bonds are issued without underwriting, they may be purchased online in just a few minutes. Simply click Buy Now to purchase your surety bond via our secure bond checkout and be on your way to getting bonded as an Arkansas contractor today!

Bond Type Bond Amount Cost
$10,000 CLB Contractor License Bond Required by state Contractors Licensing Board $10,000 $75
$10,000 CLB Subcontractor License Bond Required by state Contractors Licensing Board $10,000 $75
$10,000 Arkadelphia Contractor Bond $10,000 $100
$2,000 Benton Contractor Bond $2,000 $100
$2,000 Fort Smith Contractor Bond $2,000 $100
$1,000 Greenbrier Contractor Bond $1,000 $100
$1,000 Jacksonville Contractor Bond $1,000 $100
$10,000 Little Rock Contractor Bond $10,000 $100
$10,000 North Little Rock Contractor Bond $10,000 $100
$5,000 Pine Bluff Contractor Bond $5,000 $100
$10,000 Sherwood Contractor Bond $10,000 $100

State of Arkansas Contractor Bonds

Arkansas contractor bonds are required for commercial applicants and must be filed with the Contractors Licensing Board. This bond must be in an amount of $10,000 and ensures that the contractor will comply with all provisions under A.C.A 17-25-401 and all rules and regulations enforced by the Contractors Licensing Board. Licensees are also responsible for paying their taxes and other fees to the state.

The bond term remains in full effect unless canceled by the surety. If the bond is to be canceled, the surety must send a written cancellation notice to the Contractors Licensing Board 60 days prior to the cancellation date.

City & County Contractor Bonds

Many cities and counties in Arkansas have their own contractor bonding requirements, separate from the state’s requirement. Contractors looking to to work within certain areas should familiarize themselves with local license and bonding requirements to make sure they are complying with all relevant rules and regulations.

Electronic Delivery
50,000 Satisfied
Customers Nationwide
No Hidden Fees

Need a surety bond for a construction project?

Payment bonds and performance bonds are often required for specific construction projects. No matter the state, SuretyBonds.com can get you the bond you need for your next job.

Benton Contractor Bond

Residential contractors in Benton are required to comply with A.C.A 17-25-501 (residential licensing law) and the 2007 Arkansas Fire Prevention Code. Prior to conducting business, a permit request and plot plan must be provided to the Community Development and Benton Utilities staff.

Benton commercial contractors must be licensed with the City of Benton and the State of Arkansas. These individuals must comply with the Arkansas Fire Prevention Code and the Arkansas Engineering and Architectural Acts (A.C.A. 17-30-104; A.C.A. 17-15-102). All submitted documents must be prepared by an engineer or architect registered in the State of Arkansas.

Fort Smith Contractor Bond

If you plan on constructing, repairing, installing or otherwise changing any structure in a building, electrical, or plumbing system in Fort Smith, Arkansas, you must have a permit and be bonded.

Greenbrier Contractor Bond

To work as a contractor in Greenbrier, Arkansas, you must be licensed and bonded with the Department of Building Codes.

Jacksonville Contractor Bond

If you work as a building, plumbing, HVAC or electrical contractor in Jacksonville, you must be licensed and bonded prior to beginning work.

To get your business license, applications must be sent to the Jacksonville Engineering Department and Fire Department along with your Arkansas contractor license, surety bond, and a letter from the Bureau of Public Health Engineering or Division of Sanitation Services

Electrician, plumber, and HVACR contractors are required to take out separate inspection permits.

Little Rock Contractor Bond

Little Rock City Ordinance requires a contractor to have a city business license if their business operates within Little Rock, part of which includes obtaining a $10,000 surety bond.

North Little Rock Contractor Bond

Prior to acting as a contractor within North Little Rock, you must be licensed and bonded with the North Little Rock city Licensing Office.

Pine Bluff Contractor Bond

To perform building work in Pine Bluff, contractors must have a zoning permit and a building permit. To acquire these permits, applicants must comply with the Uniform Building Codes, along with other applicable local codes. If you perform mechanical work, your building plans must adhere to the Arkansas State Mechanical Codes. If you do plumbing, your plans must follow the Arkansas State Plumbing Code and be approved by the Department of Health. Electrician plans must coincide with the national electrical code.

Prior to sending in business plans, applicants must submit their surety bond to the Pine Bluff’s Inspection and Zoning Department.

Sherwood Contractor Bond

Contractors who perform right-of-way work in Sherwood must have the proper permit. Contractors who perform land-altering construction activities are required to have a grading permit. These permits must be obtained prior to conducting business. Bond amounts vary depending on the contractor’s classifications and type of work being performed. Each surety bond posted ensures that the carried out duties will comply with the city’s methods and specifications.

Additional Resources

Arkansas Contractors Licensing Laws

City of Benton, Arkansas, General Information for Builders

Fort Smith Building Safety Department Overview

City of Greenbrier, Arkansas, Building Codes

City of Jacksonville, Arkansas

North Little Rock, Arkansas

Doing Business in the City of Pine Bluff

City of Sherwood Engineering, Permit and Planning Department

Sherwood Ordinance No. 1538